THE RESTAURANT: JugoFresh, Miami
THE BREAKFAST DISH: Pitaya Acai Bowl with Maqui Berry Mochi Topping
Splash of almond milk
1 3.5 oz. packet of pitaya
1/2 3.5 oz. packet of acai
1 peeled banana
1 tsp. coconut palm nectar
1 T chia seeds
20 drops borago officinalis extract
1 tsp. of moringa powder
1/2 cup ice
1. Add all ingredients in order they appear from the top to the bottom of recipe, adding ice last.
2. Blend in a high-power blender until smooth and creamy.
3. Place blueberry granola in glass bowl.
4. Add 6 slices of banana on top of granola.
5. Add blended acai/pitaya bowl onto banana slices.
6. Top with 3 strawberry slices, 1 tablespoon of diced pineapple, 1/4 teaspoon bee pollen, and 6 cubes of mochi topping (see below).
Maqui Berry Raw Mochi Topping:
1/2 cup coconut meat
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
Pinch gray sea salt
2 T coconut flour
2 T rice flour
2 T maqui berry powder
1. Process coconut meat, cashews, coconut oil, palm sugar, and sea salt in a high-power blender until smooth.
2. Place mixture into a mixing bowl and add coconut flour, rice flour, and maqui berry powder.
3. Lay dough mixture out on a square baking tray and flatten it.
4. Let it freeze for 20 minutes, then proceed to cut it into desired shapes.
5. Roll the shapes in rice flour, removing excess flour, then place into freezer until ready to use.
Photo by Bonberi/Justin Namon